A. For registration:
1. Attend winter state planning meeting
2. Maintain communication with committee members
3. Organize volunteers from your region to staff the Registration Booth
4. Attend Pre-Conference Meeting
5. Organize Registration Booth to include participants bags. Obtain key to be able to lock up supplies at night.
6. Connect with Bev and Bill
7. Arrive with registration name badges and organize them alphabetically
8. Be prepared for on-site registrations
9. Know who the hotel conference contact is for questions/problems and how to reach this person
10. Leave the registration space clear and orderly before departing on Sunday
11. Financial responsibilities
- Take incoming checks and deposit/ vendors ect.
- Update the committee at least monthly once checks start coming in of the balance of the state account
- Work with Suwannee River to get at least a monthly statement to report.
- At the conference – bring the check book! Some of the regions will need to be reimbursed for event related charges.
- January meeting – Bring 12 copies of the financial summary.
- January pay Sunbiz account on line https://services.sunbiz.org/Filings/AnnualReport/FilingStart Document number N09000001303
- Add the next year’s lead registration person to the Sunbiz account. The account should always have at least 2 members listed.
- March 1stpay web designer – She will send an invoice.
B. WAYS AND MEANS RESPONSIBILITIES
• $100 FROM EACH REGION
• EASELS TO DISPLAY RAFFLE #
• PAPER TO PUT ON EASELS
• STAFF FRI SATURDAY AND SUNDAY FOR RAFFLES AND 50/50 MINIMUM OF 4 HELPERS AT TABLES
• DECIDE WHO WILL BRING THE BASKETS AND SET UP ON FRI
• MONEY BOX/CHANGE
• WHEEL TO SPIN RAFFLE TICKETS
• DECIDE HOW MANY TABLES YOU NEED
• SIGNS EXPLAINING RAFFLE TICKET PRICES
• 50/50 TICKETS IF CHOOSE TO DO (USE A DIFFERENT COLOR TICKET)
• HAVE START UP MONEY USING LOTS OF SINGLES
C. Contact Hour Committee Responsibilities
• Review requirements of SGNA and ABCGN for submission of application for awarding of contact hour and GI specific contact hours
• Attend the Board of Directors Planning meeting (usually held the January following the last Florida State Joint SGNA/FGS meeting
• Obtain contact information of all Board members
• Receive report from previous Contact Hour Committee including positive and untoward outcomes
• Make self available via email and phone contact if feasible
• Be responsive to all communications as it pertains to your specific committee and the program as a whole
• Follow standardized methods of email/phone contacts with speakers/speaker representative as a means of obtaining needed information for the applications
• Adhere to guideline timetable-this is crucial , with the end results being making formal applications no less than two months prior to the planned program date
• Use the previous Contact Committee members as willing resources
• Contact SGNA headquarters, ABCGN with any questions or concerns, assuring that the process is smooth and accurate
• Once speakers are identified and contact information is obtained (hopefully by the end of February or beginning of March, contact speaker via Email thanking him/her for willingness to participate Include the following information: one night’s stay, $500 honorarium and the need for the following information: disclosure, CV, outline of presentation that includes objectives and content. Give the deadline (due date) of two weeks from the email (no later than end of March). Follow with a reminder if all information not received; on same email, inform the speaker of need for syllabus needed no later than one month prior 2 months (July) of program date.
• Send reminder of need for syllabus materials four weeks prior to being due.
• Always send acknowledgement and appreciation to speaker /representative of materials received (it may be the office secretary or nurse).
• Submit formal applications to both SGNA and ABCGN no less than two months prior to the planned program
• Watch for and respond to discrepancies of requirements for contact hour awarding as identified by both organizations; follow recommendations, ask for clarity when needed r
• Upon final verification of contact hours and GI specific contact hours awarded (look for email letter from both organizations), contact the person who is sponsoring the contact hour certificates for documentation on the certificates themselves
• Simultaneously, as speakers are and objectives are identified, begin the speaker and program evaluation forms
• Collect all evaluation forms submitted during the conference
Within one month of the date of the conference, tally and document comments recorded on the evaluation forms, and submit all documentation required by SGNA to SGNA person designate (such as attendance roster, summary of the evaluations.)
D. Vendor Committee
Goal: to solicit new vendors to support our educational course, work closely with FGS.
Effective 2011, FGS agreed to credit the nurses with 20 vendors. If FL SGNA gets more than 20 they will be credited with those.
• Obtain Exhibitor applications from Beverly Orr.
• Attend State planning meeting with all Florida regions.
• Review previous year’s vendor list.
• Distribute applications to other members to solicit vendors in their area (ensure that they mark “nurses” on the application).
• Keep a record of all vendors and make sure to indicate the date, time and contact person, then submit to Beverly.
• Continue to seek new vendors.
• Plan on attending planning meeting at the National SGNA annual course.
• Take applications with you to the National Annual course.
• Continue to search for new vendors.
• Meet with committee members during pre-conference meeting.
• Give an update to committee members about new vendors.
• Visit all vendor booths during the weekend and thank them for their support.
• Obtain any new leads for vendors for the next year.
• Attend post-conference meeting with committee members.
Greater Orlando Region #14
Leslie McRae-Matthews, MSN-ED, CGRN – President
Don Cooper, RN – President Elect